John Gregory, a Certified Civil Trial Attorney, focuses his practice on seeking justice for those in need. He represents people and organizations in complex litigation and personal injury matters. John has represented hundreds of clients since being admitted to practice law in the states of New Jersey and New York. He has taken many of these cases to trial throughout New Jersey securing jury verdicts for his clients in the face of opposition from irresponsible parties. John serves as lead counsel on numerous catastrophic injury cases on behalf of injured people. He has successfully spearheaded the prosecution of wrongful death actions on behalf of families who have lost loved ones. He has secured compensation for workers and laborers injured on the job. Additionally, John has worked as a lead attorney in a class action suit brought against a New Jersey pharmaceutical company in an effort to recover ill-gotten gains for defrauded union health and welfare funds and individuals. Every day, John aims to do his best to bring about just and fair results for his clients.
John’s work for his clients has led to New Jersey Monthly Magazine recognizing him as a New Jersey Super Lawyer Rising Star. As a result of working to protect the under protected Mr. Gregory has also been selected by The National Trial Lawyers Association as a “Top 40 Under 40″ civil trial attorney, an honor acknowledging accomplished trial lawyers throughout the country under the age of 40. Striving to ensure the sanctity of all people’s rights to a jury trial, Mr. Gregory also serves as a trustee to the Trial Attorneys of New Jersey.
Outside of his legal work, John gives thanks for every minute he has with his family. In the summer you can find the Gregory family riding their bikes back and forth to the beach, usually with no shoes. In the winter you might see them heading north with snowboards on top of the car with fingers crossed, hoping for snow. But, usually, you’ll just find them in the backyard messing around in the garden, showing the boys why worms aren’t gross.
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law – Newark, Newark, New Jersey, 2000 J.D.
Honors: Commencement Speaker
Law Journal: Rutgers Computer & Technology Law Journal, Managing Articles Editor, 1998 – 2000
- Rutgers University – Cook College, New Brunswick, New Jersey B.S.
Honors: Dean’s List
Major: International Environmental Studies and Political Science
Past Employment Positions:
- Aromando, Light & Gregory, LLC, Member, 2004 – 2005
- Porzio, Bromberg & Newman, PC, Associate, 2001 – 2004
- The Honorable Robert A. Fall, NJ Superior Court, Appellate Division, Law Clerk, 2000 – 2001
- The Honorable Robert B. Kugler, U.S., Judicial Extern, 1998
[tabby title=”Areas of Practice”]
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New Jersey, 2000
- New York, 2001
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2000
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Trial Attorneys of New Jersey, 2011 Trustee
- NJ Superlawyer, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Rising Star 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- “40 under 40″ National Trial Lawyers
- Middlesex County Trial Lawyers Association, Member
[tabby title=”Published Works”]
- New Jersey Supreme Court’s Treatment of the Wireless Communication Industry, 26 Rutgers Computer & Tech. L. J., 26, 1999
- Non-Exclusive Benefits of Lateral Summer Associate Hiring, NJLJ Index 2Q 2003, page 746